Tuesday 28 January 2014

Team Mascot

The figures just get smaller and smaller. I give you 'Maximus the Rat Catcher' i.e. the wee plastic snotling I found in the bits box.


He is sooooo tiny. Not much bigger than the dice really but I have enjoyed painting him. I have decided that he will be the team mascot and as such lead the Raiders out on match day. In the mean time he can help keep the new dugout a 'rat free' zone.

God alone knows where the model came from. I don't remember him at all.

I have also been working on the goblin whose task it is to carry around McMourning tools of the trade. The funny thing about this model is the level of detail that it contains. It is really not visible until you start to apply paint.


His right knee is poking through the trousers and his bandaged feet are exposed. I have named him 'Two Toes' as thats all he has on the left foot.

I love his facial expression. That resigned, woe is me kind of look.


He is carrying a tray full of tools including a good looking 'choppa'. Very important for those jobs in the 'Dead' area. He also has a syringe tucked into his belt. Must have been helping out the Nurses in the 'KO'd' area. A cool little chappie indeed.

7 comments:

  1. He may get called on as a substitute if my game plan works out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - do you think I could claim a double 'stunt' roll for him as he is so small?

      Delete
  2. The snotling and rat are from warhammer quest. Can I suggest that you "dual purpose" these pieces and mark them as turn, score and reroll counters? Check out the counters I have for my orc team - I have a little snotling as my score counter and an orc with a gong for my turn marker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool and seconded the snotling is from warhammer quest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never even heard of that - Warhammer Quest. I will look it up to see what it is. I do love the snotling though.

      Delete