Saturday 6 February 2016

Keeping track of things

We have had a few games of Guild Ball and one of the issues is that you need a wide variety of markers to keep track of things. Also small distances make a big difference and models have 1", 2", 3" and 4" ranges that are important and hard to really keep track of with a tape measure. So I have convinced myself that I 'need' the Masons Template Set, Dice and Token sets. The boys at Element Games sorted me out.


They arrived this morning and I am loving them. Each condition that the Masons can inflict is named separately on the curved counters and the idea is to place the counter next to the base of the model.  The Influence counters stack and can also be placed beside the appropriate model. All very neat and tidy.

The 'L' shaped measure is great for handling all those small distances and its sides are 1", 2" and 3". Perfect.

Up to now I had made my own scatter template and we were using a scatter dice for the 360 degree scatter. The plastic is much more professional.


I have some Batman tokens and we have been using them for Bleed and Poison effects. My own smaller blue dice had been drafted into service to serve as Masons team dice however I now think they will become my method of tracking Momentum. I have a black pouch somewhere with Blue gems. They would be the ideal Momentum counters but I have to find them first.

So there you have it.

Now do you think that I resisted the temptation to purchase anything else .... maybe a new model ...... I mean its not like I 'need' more models ...... but ..... now where is that hand drill. I feel the need to do some pinning :-)

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was practically illegal to make a hobby purchase without miniatures. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank god I didn't do anything illegal then ;-)

      Delete