Thursday 29 June 2017

Deff Rolla

I have spent some time looking at some of the heavy metal options for the Orks. I do like a big bit of kit on the table and for whatever reason I seem to have a lot of good luck using them in game especially the Deff Dread.

However a particular option for the Battlewagon has caught my eye and it feels like a proper Ork addition to a vehicle - the Deff Rolla!

Deff Rolla
In the 8th Edition the Battlewagon has a WS and can therefore get stuck into Melee. Now there is a big change! So what can it do?

It has a WS of 5+ so a bit crap, it will need to roll 5 or above to hit. On the up side it has a S8 and 6 attacks. All in all, not great. Until you read the Deff Rolla rules. It has the Strength of the User, in this case 8, AP-2 and you add 3 to the hit rolls.....what?!

So now you get 6 attacks, hitting on a 2+ with a Strength of 8 so that it is double most infantry Toughness meaning 2+ to wound and AP-2 significantly reduces the armour save. Even against marines that is some serious damage. 6 Attacks needing 2+ to Hit, 2+ to Wound and armour save of 5+.

I think I need to get me one of these beauties! Bitz Box here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment